Monday, May 14, 2012

Look what arrived


My Gossip Girl Birchbox has finally arrived.  It is my very first box and I am very excited.  Inside the box, wrapped in hot pink paper included the following contents: (the following words are from the inserted card)

1.  Atelier Cologne- Vanilla Insensee
( Rich and sophisticated, this boutique brand's vanilla scent is infused with a splash of lime and coriander.  Full size $65-$175
 
2.  Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap
(Give nails a gilded look with this luxe metallic polish. Full size $8

3.  Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream
(Think of this four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin-perfecting tint as the extremely stylish Swiss Army Knife of your beauty lineup.  Full size $32)

4.  fresh- Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
(This cult favorite has a subtle rosy hue, plus natural sugar extracts to exfoliate and smooth lips.  Full size $22.50)

5.  twistbad hair tie
(give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics.  12 pack, $18)

Extras:  Notecard and Envelope
(Text messages are no match for handwritten notes on fun, modern stationery.  Set of 12, $10)

Overall, I am pleased with this collection of beauty products.  Will I stay a subscriber to Birchbox?  Not sure yet, I definitely want to see what is in next months to decide.

I love the Sugar Rose lip treatment.  Feels very smooth on my lips and I use it everyday. 

The gold nail polish, which I have been wanting to buy for next month's half marathon, is going to be perfect.  The 1/2 marathon is Nascar-themed and I'm going for the gold with the nail polish.  Joking, I'm too slow to win a half (right now!)

I love the smell of the Atelier Cologne.  Vanilla is my favourite scent and this is not too overpowering!  The only problem with the small glass tube is that it does not have a spray top.  When I pulled the top off the bottle, the cologne got all over my fingers!

I do not like the twistband hair tie.  It kept falling out of my hair while I was running. This is something I would never buy.

So far I like the Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm.  I have only used it for a few days and my face is not breaking out, so that is a great sign. I also love the way the cream feels on my face.  I have read that a lot of people did not receive a full tube, but mine has a lot in it.  So far, enough to apply 3 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment