Parking, which was right next to the start and finish line, was no more than a five minute walk from my car. The race started right after the National Anthem was played through the speakers. The whole course was out and back and inside the Marina Inn on a side street. I made it 2.25 miles before I had to stop from pain in my left foot. I was really hoping to run the whole way without stopping, but the pain just became unbearable. I told my Mother to keep going, but she stopped and walked with me for a bit. I started running again around 2.9 miles because there was no way I was walking through the finish line. Immediately I was handed a beer opener surfboard medal. This is the first 5k I have ever done where I have gotten a medal. Awesome! The post race party was packed with food and beverages. There were these amazing oatmeal/coconut cookies that I am having a craving for right now. There were also chocolate chip cookies, bananas, other cookies, coconut water, Cheerwine, Nesquick, water, and other things I may have missed. I have never been to a 5k where there was this much food.
We did not stay around long because we wanted to get out and explore Myrtle Beach after heading back to the resort to change clothes. The first place we went to was called Broadway at the Beach. It is this huge place with restaurants, bars, shops, and amusement park rides. Cool place that reminds me of Pier Park in Panama City Beach. I checked out the website for Broadway and knew that the first place I had to go to was KISS Coffeehouse. I ordered a chai latte and mom ordered a mocha. Their chai and mochas are very good. We then walked in some MB touristy-type store, where I saw Sheldon Cooper! Had to have my photo taken with him.
| Bazinga! |
For dinner, we decided to order a black olive and cheese pizza. Carbs for tomorrow's half marathon! After dinner, I set my alarm for 4:00am just to be sure that I would have enough time to be ready with the cab driver arriving at 5:45am.
No comments:
Post a Comment