Friday, July 6, 2012

My First and Only Look Bag

Wow, what a long time to wait for a purchased product.  I was very excited at first when I signed up for The Look Bag on May 15, 2012.  I had missed the deadline to receive the current month, which would of been May, so I had to wait to receive the June Bag.  Bag's are sent out around the 14th from Los Angeles.  About 2 weeks went by and I still had not received my bag, so I messaged on Facebook, and Twitter.  Finally, someone on Twitter answered and told me to send a message to sales.  I had originally sent at message to Look Bag, but I had no reply.  I guess when one makes a complaint in public, ones gets an immediate reply from the company.  Within the day, I had a response that my bag would be sent out immediately.  Apparently, The Look Bag had screwed up over 200 people's subscriptions.  There are so many complaints on The Look Bag's facebook page right now.  Well, I received my bag within 3 days of someone from sales replying to me and sending me a tracking number.  I will say this is not a great way to run a business and I know they have lost a lot of member's because of this, including me.

Overall, I was actually very pleased with my Look Bag, once I finally received it sometime around June 29, 2012.  I became very suspicious of the company and realized I needed to cancel my membership.  When I opened my package that came in a bubble wrap envelope, the contents were held inside a pink mesh bag.  Cute!  My sister saw what was inside and she immediately wanted the lip gloss.  I ended up giving the lip gloss (and the whole bag) to my sister and the eyeshadow to my mother. 
What I received:
  • Atopalm: Intensive Moisturizing Cream
  • Snowberry: Cellular Regeneration Night Cream
  • Korres Eyeshadow: Golden Brown
  • Prescriptives: Lip and Eye Pencil Sharpener
  • Too Faced Sparkler Glamour Gloss in Pink Bling
Overall:  Even after all the waiting and trouble to get the bag, I am very pleased with what I received and so is my sister.  She loves the Too Faced gloss.  Our Mother loves the golden brown eyeshadow.  Brown is her favourite color of eyeshadow!  The Atopalm is also very good.  I have never used that before, but it goes so well into my skin.  The Snowberry night cream feels so great on my face at night.  I have tried it once, but my sister uses it every night!  Unfortunately, I cancelled my membership.  Hopefully, one day, the company will get their issues squared away because I would definitely subscribe again.  These were all great products that I have never used before.  I would love to test out some new products.

No comments:

Post a Comment