Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who wants some doughnuts? Not me!!!

On Saturday February 5, 2011, on the campus of N.C. State in Raleigh, there is going to be a Krispy Kreme Challenge.  This race was featured in this month's Runner's World magazine.  The race starts at N.C. State's Belltower, then participants run 2 miles to the nearest Krispy Kreme store and eat a dozen, yes 12, doughnuts, then run another 2 miles back to the start, all in under one hour!  According to the website, the race started back in 2004 with only 12 participants and in 2009, there were 5500 participants. 

http://krispykremechallenge.com/

Question:  Would I do this challenge?  No, my stomach cannot handle doughnuts and all that grease :/

1 comment:

  1. I saw that article! I don't think I could do it either. But it would be fun to watch (minus all the barfing).

    P.S. Found your blog on Run for the Bling of It!

    - Kim

    ReplyDelete