Friday, February 25, 2011

Run the Reagan 1/2 Marathon



2nd half marathon of the year was in Snellville, Georgia.  Located in NE Atlanta where the course is stated to have "rolling hills".  Take this lightly!  There were definitely a lot of hills and some were kind of long.  The race was entirely on Ronald Reagan Parkway.  The police shutdown the road from 2am-5pm.  There was actually a 5K, 10k, and 1K fun run that day also.  The race fee was extremely cheap for a half-marathon, only $40 if you signed up early and then the fee was raised to $50 (still cheap for a half marathon).  There was water at every stop and gatorade at every other stop.  The after party was not that great, but then again it was a small half marathon compared to some that I have ran. 

The last mile or 2 started feeling completely up hill and I was becoming extremely tired, but I still mananged to PR.  I beat my previous time by 30 minutes.  My mother ran the 1/2 marathon too and she cut her time down by 25 minutes!  GO MOM!!!

I will not be running this half marathon in 2012 because there are other 1/2's that I would rather do and to be honest, this race was not that great.  The course was extremely boring (just a long road out and back and trees on both sides).

Picture of the 1/2 marathon medal and long-sleeve cotton shirt:

This was the 10th half marathon that I have done.  February 14, 2011 marked the one year anniversary of my very first (and my mother's) half marathon.  We have never completed a half marathon without each other!  We love traveling and spending time together doing the things we love!

2 comments: