![]() |
| Photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/HotChocolate15K |
We lined up right next to the Braves baseball stadium, which I have never seen up close (only from the interstate; I'm not a baseball fan). Waves went off every 3 minutes. It was practically impossible to run with all these people. Mainly it was all the newbs causing the problems. The road was five lanes across to start with, but there was so much weaving in and around people it was ridiculous. People were walking on the left, in the middle, and on the right side of the road.
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/HotChocolate15K |
After about 10 minutes into the run, my stomach (intestinal issues) starting killing me. Yeah, it was time to walk, so I made my way over to the right lanes. Twenty minutes into the 5k, the road narrowed down to two lanes and it was impossible to even walk around people, much less run. So, I walked the rest of the way back to the finish line. I did try running one more time, but that did not last long. Hate it when I get GI issues during races.
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/HotChocolate15K |
I just completed a 5k in the worst time ever for me. Too many newbs in the way, GI issues, and 20,000 people trying to run or walk the rolling hills in downtown Atlanta led me to finish in 49:35 minutes with a 15:58 pace. After I crossed the finish line, I saw what was about to be another nightmare. The worlds longest lines just to get hot chocolate and fondue. I will say that the lines did move pretty fast. The Ghiradelli hot chocolate and fondue was so good. Came with dippers such as stale pretzels, a banana, two wafer cookies, rice krispie treat, and a special Hot Chocolate 15k/5k Race wrapped square of chocolate.
Overall, I did like the race, but it is more of a gimmick than a race for serious runners or those looking for a great time unless you are up front. When the DJ asked "who is running their first race?" or "who is running just for chocolate?", there were lots of screams and hands in the air. I admit that I did run this race just for the hooded sweatshirt, the cap, chocolate, and fondue! Will I run it again? Not planning on it, but I am glad that I signed up. The course was rolling hills, but being from Atlanta I know to expect that at every race around.
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/HotChocolate15K |





No comments:
Post a Comment