Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hot Chocolate 15k/5k Expo

I signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k last summer for $45.  The race was supposed to be held on my birthday last month, but for some reason they changed it to January 13.  Disappointing :(  I also bought pre-paid parking for $10 at Turner Field for the morning of the race.  Then I found out I had to pay another $10 to park at the expo.  This 5k has turned into the price of a half marathon/marathon.  For $65, I better get a lot of fondue and hot chocolate in the finisher's cup on Sunday.

I woke up early so I could make it to the Georgia World Congress Center by 10am for the Hot Chocolate expo.  The expo opened at 10 am, but since the servers were down, no one was being let inside the expo room.  The delay was only about 20 minutes long, luckily.  Packet pick-up took no time at all.  I was in and out of the tiny expo in no more than 15 minutes.  There was not much to see or buy.
Me in front of Marshmallow man, 2 signs, and the GA World Congress Center

The best booth at the expo was for Moms Run This Town.  Their theme was Willy Wonka/Chocolate.  There was freebies such as pens, lip balm, magnets, and temporary tattoos.  Their booth also had a top hat where if you grabbed a piece of chocolate with the golden wrapper you get a MRTT travel mug.  Lucky me, I got the golden wrapper!
My "golden wrapped" candy bar and travel mug!
I ordered a large technical sweatshirt, but swapped it for an extra large.  These shirts run small and I want to be able to wear other shirts underneath without feeling all restricted.

No comments:

Post a Comment