Cycling: 24.9 miles
Running: 0.0 miles (oops!)
Just completed: Hot Mama Virtual 1/2 Marathon
Days until next race: 10 days (Area 13.1 Half Marathon)
-------------------------------------
The August theme for Birchbox is Beauty School. This month Birchbox teamed up with Pencils of Promise. Fifteen percent of proceeds from the Birchbox shop will help with the goal of building a school in Central America. Well, I was looking forward to receiving this month's box, but when I opened it, I was highly disappointed.
- DDF (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula) Brightening Cleanser. 2 fl. oz. This product evens skin tone and smoothes texture. Full size is 8.5 oz. $38.00.
- Juicy Couture- Viva La Juicy La Fluer Eau de Toilette Spray. This came in a 0.05 fl. oz vile. The fragrance is smells of mandarin, wild berries, honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine. Full size is 2.5 fl. oz. $70.00.
- Comodynes Self-Tanning Towelettes. I recieved 2 of these. A pack of 8 is $13.99-$14.99.
- Comodynes Hydra Tanning Face Moisturizing Summer Glow. I received 2 of these. Full size is $20.99.
- Beauty Fixation Makeup Remover pre-filled swabs. Full size is $5. Never used these before.
- Schick Hydro Silk 5 Blade Razor. Retail price is $7.49. This also came with a $4.00 off any refill coupon and a .55 cent off Skintimate Shave Gel.
I am absolutely not thrilled with this box. I have been a subscriber since May 2012 and have never received a terrible box but I am not going to unsubscribe. Really hope that the September box will be better than this one because nothing in the August box was exciting to receive!



.jpg)
This is my 1st BB & im dissapointed :( I can only hop for better ones! I saw a BB vid for this month and she got a few of the same things.
ReplyDeleteI really hope you get a better box than I did! I saw that some people are getting mascara. Wish I got that!
DeleteI want the brightening face cleanser! I can't wait to receive mines in the mail! Even though the boxes look pretty sub-par there are a few items I would enjoy getting.
ReplyDeleteI am just about to try the cleanser for the first time. Watched the BB August video last night and I guess I should be happy with what I got for only $10. I think I just got used to all the amazing full-size products in my Cravebox and Insider's Choice Beauty Box! Hope you get the cleanser too!
Delete