Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday!!!

March Totals:
     Cycling: 10 miles
     Running: 13 miles
     Upcoming Race: Nike Women's 10k tomorrow!
_____________________________

My Nike Women's 10k shirt arrived in the mail.  It is awesome!  Long sleeved technical shirt with print on the front and back.  Check it out!
Cannot wait to run in this tomorrow afternoon on the trail!
___________________________________

Yeah, I forgot to post about my February Birchbox too!  The theme of the month was "Red Carpet Ready", so I received Color Club Nail Polish in Mamba, Juicy Couture- Couture La La Perfume, Ojon Volume Advance Thickening Spray, a Twistband thick headband, and Ghiradelli Caramel Chocolate Square.
I already own several Color Club nailpolishes, so I was happy to receive this one.  Have yet to use the Ojon, but curious to see if it works with my hair.  I have never been fond of the twistband ponytail holders, but I am wondering if this headband will actually stay on my head.  The perfume smells good, even my chocolate labrador likes the smell of it!  And finally, one can never go wrong with chocolate!
___________________________________


Yesterday, I picked up my sister after her first class so we could grab some lunch.  I mentioned pizza and she was all for that.  We decided to go over to a place that consistently ranks #1 in Atlanta for pizza, Pizza Antico Napoletano.  I have been wanting to try this place out for quite some time.  The doors open at 11:30 am and lines start forming outside well ahead of that.  We lined up around 11:15 and were 3rd in line, not bad for a Thursday.  You should see the lines later in the day or even on weekends!  My sister was up for anything, so I went with our favourite, the margherita pizza for $18. We almost bought cannoli's but decided the pizza would be enough.  We stood around waiting on the pizza for about 15-20 minutes, as we ordered it to go then proceeded back to the university and parked on the top of the parking deck to eat and overlook all the downtown skyscrapers.
First bite was good, but as I kept eating the pizza, it just became bland and slimy.  Highly dissapointing!  For a pizza restuarant owned by Italian immigrants we were expecting a quality pizza.  Maybe my hopes were just too high for this place?  Maybe its just all the press and acclamations this place continues to receive that made me have high hopes for a great pizza? Am I planning on returning again? The answer is no.  
_____________________________________

REN Skincare and Archipelago Botanicals were kind enough and generous to send me quite a few samples of their products to test out.  Both arrived on the same day, so I am spreading out the product usage over several weeks. REN Skincare is a British skincare line formed in 2000.  They make clean products free of synthetic fragrance, pore-blocking petrochemicals, sulfate detergents, synthetic colours, animal ingredients, and parabens.

In the sample package: 1) Omega 3 Overnight Lipid Renewal Serum, 2) Micro Polish Cleanser, 3) Mayblossom T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel, and 4) F10 Smooth and Renew Mask.
Archipelago Botanicals formed in 1998 and produced luxury bath, body, and aromatherapy  products.  The company sent me sample size hand cremes in Soy Creme Milk, Grapefruit, Morning Mint, Sugar & Mango, Sugar Cane & Coconut, and Brown Sugar & Vanilla.
***These products from REN and Archipelago were complimentary and I was not paid to write about their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment