Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Birchbox- September 2012

September Total:  85 miles
Cycling:   54.7miles
Running:  30.3 miles

Just completed: Area 13.1 Marathon
Days until next race: Talladega 21000 (1/2 Marathon)
_______________________________________________________________

I am quite pleased with this month's fashion-themed Birchbox.  For only $10, I received six items and two free music downloads.
Everything inside the box was wrapped within turquoise paper and the first item I noticed was the Boscia Oil-Free Nightly Hydration moisturizer.  It is preservative-free and refines pores while soothing away irritation.  I am so happy that I received this item.  I have read about it, so it was a very nice surprise in this month's box!   The size I received is 15mL.  Full-size is 1.4 oz @ $36.00.

This month Birchbox and Color Club teamed together and created four nail lacquer shades inspired by the Fall 2012 fashion collections and social media.  I received Insta-This (a blueish color).  There is also Put A Pin in It (a rose/pinkish color), Status Update (dark grey), and Tweet Me (bright yellow).  I received a 7 ml bottle.  Full-size is 15 mL at $8.00
The next product I found in my box was the Jouer Matte Moisturising Tint.  It is SPF 15 and oil-free.  This product is supposed to even out skin and control shine.  I am looking forward to testing this out!  My sample size is 0.07 fl.oz.  Rather small, but I will definitely be able to tell if I like it or not.  Full size is 1.7 oz. @ $38.00.
I also received a 0.05 fl. oz. vile of Twirl by Kate Spade parfum. It smells fruity and floral with hints of watermelon, blackberry, red currant, orange blossom, jasmine, and magnolia.  I have never bought Twirl, but I think it smells very nice.  Full size is 3.4 fl. oz. @ $80.00.
The next item I received was a packet of three varieties of Mighty Leaf Tea Company teas.  I love to drink tea, so I was very happy to get this!  The varieties in my box are Vanilla Bean, Green Tea Tropical, and Chamomile Citrus.  A box of 15 is $9.95.
One of the more disappointing items in my box this month is the Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie Twistband.  I have received one of these before in a previous box and these constantly fall out of my hair.  I am actually going to give it to the mother to try out and see if she likes it.  A set of 6-12 is $14.00-$22.00.
Also included in the box is a gift card from Madewell.  It is for $25 on your purchase of $75 or more.  There is also a Birchbox Fall Lookbook.  Inside is information on "Ten Fall Trends to Try" such as twisty braids and nail art. Cute book!  Another one of the BB Lifestyle Extras is a download of Tristan Prettyman's two brand new tracks.  I have no idea who this is!

Overall, I am very pleased with the September BB and will continue my membership!  Also, I now have $20.00 off any product in the BB shop after giving feedback to this month's products.  I already know what I am going to purchase! Unfortunately, I did not realize I could earn points when I got my first box, so I missed out on 60 points :( 






No comments:

Post a Comment